To offer this course, one must be transparent. Be weary of those who offer courses such as this and choose to hide. So Who Am I?
I am a Registered Dietitian, with registration to work in the Province of Ontario, Canada and credentialed by the Commission of Dietetic Registration in the United States of America.
I have expertise in the regulation of health professions in the province on Ontario, leading teams of dietitians and dietetic interns as a Professional Practice Leader in large teaching hospitals and the supermarket space, and past clinical experience in, Nephrology, Oncology and Diabetes.
My education is grounded in nutritional sciences, clinical practice and public health. I have also been a sessional instructor for university and college courses in clinical nutrition and food service respectively.
Here are the top five reasons why I am uniquely positioned to offer this course:
- I have been an item writer for this examination in the past.
- I have been involved with developing multiple choice tests for registered dietitians in the province on Ontario in the past. For example, the Jurisprudence Knowledge and Assessment Tool (College of Dietitians of Ontario).
- I have worked with test developers to create multiple choice examinations for registered dietitians in the past and have learned much about writing good multiple-choice questions.
- I am very familiar with the entry to practice competencies for dietitians in Canada through working with them intimately for the past six years.
- I have been offering this course since 2016 and so far, hundreds of dietitians have taken this course; their feedback are reflected in the current edition.
I became a dietitian in 1986 so you can see I have more than 30 years of experience. I am deliberate in keeping my education, skills and expertise current. I have done so by actively working in the dietetics and related professional fields; and of course, through frequent updates to my education for instance by returning to university to pursue a master’s degree in Public Health and most recently by obtaining a continuing education certificate from University of Toronto in strategic leadership.
- I do not have any current affiliation with any of the dietetic regulatory bodies in Canada nor the Alliance of Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies.